Wednesday, January 28, 2009

INSPIRATION

I just wanted to share two websites, though there are tons of inspirational stories everywhere. The second one is of a shoe-shiner.

http://www.iamsecond.com

http://www.worldvision.org/news.nsf/news/shoeshine-clean-water-200901?Open&campaign=12653847&cmp=EMC-12653847&ppi=52780986&wvport=sg&wvsrc=enews

The last thing I wanted to say in thinking about the concept of misconceptions (earlier in update and in last update) and living the best life you can is this. I remember the conversation with the family friend who was talking to me about trying to life a frugal life, a life her daughter had chose. And I also think about people who use such things against you: “You want to help people, do you? You want to help people, huh? Well here is the BEST way to help people. . .”

The problem with that is that I don’t think I ever actual think like that. I don’t think I am going to try and lead a frugal lifestyle or I am going to try and help people. Those types of things (if I ever do them, and I don’t do them all the time) our actual outpourings or natural outcomes of something else. Helping people natural comes from my faith, or my relationship, rather, with God in Christ. I am not trying to help people. I am definitely not trying to live a frugal lifestyle. I just don’t ever think about buying clothes (which my family makes fun of me a lot for and we have GOOD times laughing about it [honestly]). I don’t think I’m frugal (in many ways I'm quite extravagant when it is something I care about). Maybe I am; I don’t know. I don’t think I am intentional about helping people. Maybe I am, but that’s not my aim or goal. It does happen though because I think Christ was like that. So I get into these weird trouble-conservations where that is used against me because people ask me to analyze myself. And it never seems to work for me to go back after the fact and try to figure out why I did something. Sometimes you can, but many times you actually put motivations and thoughts there were never there when you did; it’s possible to overanalyze.

Rather helping people or being frugal or whatever else people say about me or similar people is a result. And we’ll discuss the cause next time.

No comments: