Monday, March 10, 2008

RESEARCH & WRITING


Strangely enough, I was told by another fellow here that you can get anything published. You just have to send it to the right place as his PhD advisor told him. He also said the applied mathematician journals/editors are much meaner than the pure engineering editors/journals who are concerned more with the application. So he said try those. We’ll see.

I actually was following the advice of two reviewers who said to rewrite it and resubmit it, but I showed it to another colleague Andrew who was unsure whether I was allowed to resubmit a rejected article. So I e-mailed the editor and found out that even though the reviewers suggested rewriting and resubmission the editor declined it for publication period (present or future). So I cannot resubmit it to the same place. So next week I’ll have to find another place to send it. We shall see.

I’m also reading on HIV/AIDS at the moment. I was before. But I’m preparing to apply for research funding for a project, and I want to make sure the proposal/application is as tight as it can be, as well-presented as it can be, but, most importantly, as creative as it can be. I’m excited. It’s a move in the right direction and it’s a 5-year grant.

No comments: