Tuesday, August 31, 2010

MOVIES



I love Participant Media.


Waiting for Superman
It’s the newest one I’ve been invited to see from Participant Media. The last one I suggested to you all was “Countdown to Zero.” “Waiting for Superman” is a film about the broken education system in the U.S. They have the DC Chancellor (like a superintendent) who is a Teach for America alum and founder of The New Teacher Project. Check out the trailer and support the film and participate not only in the conversation around education but working to change it and make it better for our children.


The International
This movie talks about some of the international relations issues I was discussing before if you’re interested in seeing it.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
Uhhh, it’s kind of hard to watch (for some of us) as it deals with a lot of murders and rapes. It’s a dark movie. I’m interested in reading the book and seeing how it is told in that format.

No comments: