Sunday, May 11, 2008

RESEARCH & PHOTOS











So I just submitted a “white paper” proposal for a research grant with the government. And in 3 weeks time I will be submitting another grant proposal for AIDS research with the Bill Gates Foundation. This one excites me immensely, but I’m still formulating the novelty that I’m supposed to present. You see he and his wife specifically want to fund certain types of research. In the area of AIDS (there are many international development areas—food, education, health, etc.) they specifically want to fund off-the-beaten path super-creative ideas. So that’s where I come in. Pray for me and push me on it. We shall see!

Next week I’ll finally submit the article I’ve been sending around to general journals (for laymen to read) to a specific journal. Funny enough, the discipline specific journal is a wide-audience journal within a specific discipline. It’s one of the 5 AIAA (American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics). When this is done (I’m submitting to their Journal on Aircraft), I will have all 3 submissions out and waiting 2 on their first discipline-specific journal submission, and one on a resubmission.

Here are some photos from March during the last conference I’ve attended here.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2043642&id=3003514

Let me know if there’s a problem with the link.

No comments: