Tuesday, December 24, 2013

ART

Have you seen Wadjda yet? No, go see it. I also saw a very strange movie called Only God Forgives. I’m not even sure why that was the name of the film. It’s set in Bangkok and deals with a murder of the brother of the main character played by Ryan Gosling. The main character’s mother goes to Bangkok and the movie deals with what ensues from there. However, it’s an eerie movie because the acting (which can often draw me to a movie) takes a back seat to the effect and feel of the movie. There is less dialogue than the average film as well. It’s like an action/noir/semi-silent film all in one. Some people hate it, but if you are into films where the absurd and the form is more important than the function and acting and mundane, go for it.



I’ve seen a lot of different types of performing and visual art, but what recently stuck out to me was the Wildlife Photography of the Year exhibit which was showing in my town. If you’re lucky enough to live in a city that lies along its tour or a city or country with a similar competition or exhibit, go check it out. Or take a virtual tour of the images. They are stunning. I love that they have categories for children to participate. It’s really fascinating.


I’ve also been viewing a lot of neopop and digital art at the moment. I’m really fascinated by moving digital art.

No comments: