Tuesday, February 24, 2009

ARTS



Doubt
I know those of you in the U.S. just had your annual Academy Awards show, and I think you may have heard enough about this. But I would like to say the acting was excellent. I wasn't sure about Amy Adams in the past, but even if her characters seem to be very rare naïve people, she does truly believe she is her character when she is acting. So that's cool. Streep and Hoffman were on point. It's not very eventful in terms of action, but it's a nice drama where it's character vs. character. And they did excellently. Watch and enjoy but if you need a lot of action, you may want to go with a friend to jab you awake. The drama, however, is quite active and engaging.


Books (I'm reading 3 right now)

“Where is God When it Hurts?” by Phillip Yancey (I love him and his honesty and it's timely with my counseling work)
“Everything Must Change” by Brian McLaren
and the same African History book by Basil Davidson

No comments: